View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 09:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
Exciting research breakthroughs are all well and good for future generations, but if you are reading this they probably aren't going to arrive in time to help you, today's PWP.

However, there are things available today that have enough research behind them to warrant consideration. I propose this thread as a sticky to keep track of these so that they are not lost.

The type of treatments I am talking about carry varying amounts of risk and no one should assume anything about these. This is serious stuff and the decisions you make about them will determine the course of your life. Even choosing to ignore them will be a momentous one.

This is the place for promises not of just borrowing time with neuroprotection but of putting things to rights with neurogenesis. But that is where risk comes in. Things that trigger regrowth of nervous tissue could also trigger overgrowth and resulting tumors for example.

This is not to say that one should avoid risk - one cannot. And bluntly put, doing nothing but the treatments offered by our neuros has a clear end - and it is not pleasent. Each of us must decide for ourselves with the best information available to us. I hope this thread will provide a place to gather that information.
It truly is an individual decision
mcolo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote