View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
There probably will be no hard copies of anything, as you say, in 100 years or less. I won't be around. And people became books way back when there were none. People were the storytellers. In fact, some still are as I know I heard many a story from my aunts, grandmas, etc. At least that's how I see it.
Why won't you be around? I definitely plan to be around. I just watched a special on CNN with Morgan Spurlock. This show delved into ALL things longevity. I had already known about Telomeres, etc, but when they explained how they CREATED DNA in a lab and all about the As Gs Cs Ts, well, this just about blew me away. They can create life?? I'm reading about Stem Cell Therapy, and the future looks pretty great technology speaking.

I don't smoke, I don't drink and I try and eat sensibly. I try and reduce stress, but from what I read, it all comes down to the genetic codes in our bodies. Do you know that all the Amish people are related? It's called the Founder Effect. They are all decended from 18th century Amish who came over and continued their culture. But because they only marry other Amish, they all have similar codes and markers and they are the ONLY people with their own rare genetic disorder, which is called Maple Syrup Urine disorder. I kid you not. The kids who are born with this can't metabolize protein. It's poison to them. And it's all because they carry recessive genes. Fascinating stuff these genetics.

Who knows when the end will come? But I don't plan on making it easy.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote