View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Fatigue and naps

It was fatigue that sent me looking for a cause over ten years ago. It's been with me ever since, waxing and waning. Up until a few months ago, though, it's a feeling of overall/brain fatigue, but not really sleepiness. Even when I felt fatigue such that I didn't think I could turn my head, too tired to think straight, I didn't feel drowsy during the day.

Lately it's hard to get through the day without a nap. It could be medications, I suppose. It could be age (my daughter, bless her heart, told me "most people your age need naps"--I'm almost 64! No, they don't).

If it's indeed part of the MS, I'm hoping this symptom will also go into remission, even if temporarily. I get precious little accomplished during the day anyway, without subtract a couple hours for the three phases of napping: winding down, actually sleeping, pulling it back together.

Anybody else have a few weeks/months of being sleepy all the time and "recovered" from it? Or is this another stupid new normal to get used to?

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (04-24-2014), dmplaura (04-25-2014), Erika (04-24-2014), SallyC (04-24-2014)