View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 02:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary jane View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm a young girl in her 20s with genital neuropathic pain. I've been suffering for 4 months and not getting better. I am slim, smart, cute, whatever but I cannot have intercourse or even outercourse. I am trying out online dating, but it seems daunting to bring up this subject.
If I say it straight out in my online profile and get asked out it still makes for an awkward first date but if I mention it after a few dates it's still horrible because by then I would like the guy and would be really hurt to be rejected on the grounds of illness.
My only other hope is dating someone really old and maybe with problems of his own (impotence)....

what would you do ??

thank you
Although it may seem like a long time, four months is not that long when it comes to treating neuropathic pain. Have you tried anything other than the Elavil? This is usually one of the first drugs to try for such pain, but it's very often not the best. Neuropathic pain is very often treated with a combination of antidepressants, antispasmodics, and muscle relaxants, with narcotics frequently prescribed for breakthrough pain. If the Elavil is not giving enough relief, I'd suggest asking your doctor about switching to Effexor or Cymbalta, and perhaps adding an anticonvulsant like Tegretol, Lamictal, Neurontin, or Lyrica.

I believe you will find good relief from your neuropathic pain. Just be patient, as finding the right medication(s) can take a while (I am speaking from experience, as an occipital neuralgia sufferer for many years). So if my experience is any guide, don't give up on sex. It's much too early to sentence yourself to a life without a satisfying sex life.
JVerive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote