View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 03:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default crps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetscnts17 View Post
Hi I had a back fusion surgery about 9 weeks ago and and was diagnoised with complex regional pain syndrome due to the surgery.The pain runs down my leg and into my foot.I have had 8 nerve block shots and now the Dr is recommending me to get a nerostimulator.Has anyone had a back fusion surgery that led to Complex regional pain syndrome?If so did your Dr recommed the nerostimulator?My back surgon thinks I should wait it out before getting the stimulator and my pain mang Dr thinks I should have it done now.I dont want to jump the gun and just get it done but I also dont want to live with this pain.
Im currently taking Lyrca and Cybalta ,plus pain meds which include morphine patches.I have had a MRI and a cat scan that came up negative for any other problem than the complex reg pain.If anyone can answer these questions I would appreciate it.
Thanks,Val
Hello sweetscnts17,i am really sorry you are going through so much pain,i had my back fusion 4 yrs ago,still suffering.My nerostimulator was a failure,they were going for at least 50%pain relief i only recieved 5%.But from what i read it has been a relief for some,i think it has to do with the Dr doing it.It is up to you to go through it you are the one in pain,and if it works out great no more pain meds that slowly kill you.GOOD LUCK
dspine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote