View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 06:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

For me, the first thing was tracking my migraines. I really thought I already knew my triggers, but this really helped me judge how much of what trigger led to a migraine. (For example, anything less than 9 hours of sleep increases my chances of migraine greatly).

Limiting screen time helps me, but in this world it's my only form of connection with many of my friends.

My physiatrist has been doing lidocaine injections in my neck every 6 weeks. This greatly reduced the number of migraines I have. However that last week before I get the next round is a real you know what.

NSAIDS typically don't help me a whole lot. However, I do a round of motrin and then a round of Tylenol 4 hours later to see if that helps. If not and I have to be functional later, I will give in and take a pain killer. This happens maybe once every few months. I try really hard to avoid them.

I have an ice pack my mother in law found on amazon that goes across my neck and shoulders. (I can also wrap it around my head It doesn't freeze solid so I can mold it as needed.

Hope you find some relief soon!
What Happened: On 3/8/11 I was stopped waiting to merge into traffic when I was rear ended by someone doing 45 mph. I walked away from the accident, to fall into the pit of PCS 5 days later... (I have had 2 previous concussions, but neither developed into PCS.)

Symptoms 3 Years Post: Physical: migraines, infrequent vertigo, neck and back pain (from accident), tinnitus, visual field deficits in left eye, problematic light sensitivity, (including visual seizure activity), noise sensitivity, EXTREME fatigue, semi-frequent disrupted sleep cycles,
Cognitive: semi-frequent Brain fog after cognitive strain, limited bouts of impulsivity, unable to concentrate for more than short periods of time without fatigue, word finding problems, slowed processing speeds, impaired visual memory;
Emotional: easily overstimulated, depression, anxiety;

Treatment so far: Vestibular therapy; Physical Therapy; Vision Therapy; Vitamin Schedule; Limited caffeine; Medications; attempting to limit stress and overstimulation; Yoga; Cognitive Therapy
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon062314 (04-27-2014), Living_Dazed (04-30-2014)