View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
the Wellbutrin "may" be a factor. It raises dopamine and some people report heart side effects...rapid beats, etc.

The Cymbalta however is known to raise blood pressure in many patients. The Sudafed also if taken regularly will do it too.
If you recall, I did warn you about that factor.

When you are stressed...like with the IVIG...which seems to increase inflammation, this might raise cortisol, and that in turn will raise blood pressure in some people. Any big stressor will do it. Pain will raise blood pressure too.

So there are many factors for you to consider. This may be temporary for you, based on your recent medical stressors.
Hi Mrs. D.,
This started well before the Wellbutrin. I noticed it for months now when they took my b/p during my IVIG. Since it was an automatic cuff I figured it was that. Then I had two doctors appts and the MA listened and it was high. I was actually surprised by it.

I did remember you told me that about the sudafed but not till after I took it unfortunately.

I'm going to keep an eye on it for a week. If it continues I will see my GP and go from there.

Maybe it is the cymbalta and the stress I have been under. I'm curious to see what happens when I am finally finished with this Cymbalta.

I wanted to be sure it wasn't one of the supplements I'm taking.

Thanks for everything!!
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote