View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 11:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for replying, I looked at his dental plan on this tooth were talking about, his plan was: Onlay.porc ceram 4cerec #19 MODB I was kinda happy to see its not a full crown his price is $809.00 it sounds nuts but my husband caught me doing it and I caught myself, I open my mouth and smack down really quick almost like a contraction, the next day I went to a denturist and had the mouth guard made, so much cheaper, only 50.00 compared to hundreds of dollars. The mouth guard is not a hard plastic but not a really pliable one either I kept it out the last 2 nights and omg pain again, upper jaw above the molars feels like someone punched my cheek bone I run it under hot water and try to stretch it a little bit I have to get this tooth #19 address quickly its starting to hurt but am a little skeptical with my dentist only used him for the extractions and I am now questioning if I like him, he seems a little short when wanting to ask him questions, I only wish I knew what to do, see him again or start fresh with another dentist on all of the crowns he wants he didn't say a word about a RC just said the fillings were huge and old and cracks, he said this particular tooth is fractured hence the new pain a week now. This exam was Feb 12, this year with a cleaning. I have been very very blessed I haven't had to have any work done as an adult 37 yrs only had cleanings and 2 premolar extractions, now looking at crown on 3, onlay on 31, onlay on 14, crown on 15, 2 partials, onlay on 19 and crown on front tooth 8. How the heck can I get my adult brain around the fact that I need dental work and to be able to afford it also to be able to trust these teeth to be good to me and not be told RC once these teeth fillings are dug out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi pennye,

When decay is very deep and has entered the pulp chamber then the options are to have a root canal or an extraction. Sometimes the pulpal exposure is minimum and a medicated filling is placed to see if the tooth rejuvenates itself over the pulp. If it does then the dentist can move forward with a permanent filling or crown. If the tooth becomes symptomatic or infection occurs then a filling or crown is not adequate as the tooth will continue to be a problem.

Sometimes an xray will show that the decay is in or near the pulp, but not always. Other times the dentist can't be sure until he drills the old filling and decay out. Yes, all of the filling material should be removed during the preparation for the crown to be sure that there is no decay hiding underneath the filling.

The fracture line could be a craze line... those are two different things. Fracture is deeper than a craze line.

Most night guards can be adjusted and they need to be as they are not going to fit perfectly until they are adjusted. Impressions of the teeth are only so accurate so when the appliance is put in the mouth it needs to be adjusted to your exact bite. Your night guard should not be too tight or too lose and it should not make any teeth feel sore.

I don't know what you mean by smack your jaw? Please explain that.

Mercury is just as toxic as asbestos if not more. But there is little to worry about about regarding the removal of the mercury filling so long as the dentist follows the proper removal protocol.
pennye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote