View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 04:41 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I have a suggestion... I would try the magnesium lotion, daily to see if that lowers your pressure. It does for me dramatically.

Especially when I use it on my upper arms. It seems to improve blood flow. My hypertension does not affect my diastolic number that much. But my systolic can go up to 160 at times.

I am also not a fan of the automatic cuffs...I don't think they are very accurate. I use an old fashioned manual one.

I think this going off Cymbalta was very difficult for you. First off the Cymbalta sets the stage for hypertension, then has the withdrawal stress which has to be a factor with all the pain and discomfort it causes. Chronic pain patients often have related hypertension, as part of the response to the pain.

http://updates.pain-topics.org/2013/...ertension.html

Wellbutrin can cause hypertension...if you search Google with that keyword and hypertension together you will find people on various health forums discussing it. Zyban, for smoking cessation is also Wellbutrin with another name, and also is a culprit. Many non depressed people use Zyban, and those also report hypertension and cardiac palpitations. I have a friend who tried Wellbutrin and got the cardiac effects, and had to stop it.

Not everyone responds this way, but it should be paid attention to, and discussed with the doctor who prescribed the Wellbutrin for you.

The magnesium lotion -- Morton Epsom lotion-- can relax the blood vessels and lower those elevations.

If you Google "IVIG hypertension", you will find similar reports of the IVIG causing increased diastolic pressures. If you are given steroids prior to the infusion...I'd expect a rise also in pressures.

Small elevations usually do not cause headache. I rarely have had headeaches from hypertension...even when it was so high when I was pregnant (220/120)... I had to have an elective C-section then 4 weeks early because of that rise in pressure!

Be very careful with the Sudafed, therefore. I only use it when in big congestion and then only one in the morning.

If you have sinus congestion try, Mucinex...it will help move the congestion out without affecting the blood pressure.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (04-28-2014)