View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Ok, let's see if we can't drag this thread back on-topic... somewhat/sort of...

OMG: Pen, Paper May Be Better for Long-Term Comprehension

Quote:
Originally Posted by januarybabe View Post
I like paper as I can write in my own books.
I'm not quite as computer literate as some; can you take notes on e-readers/kindles? I'm pretty sure you can on tablets, and I know there are apps that allow you to take notes longhand with a stylus that are instantly transcribed into digital text, and apps like Dragon that will transcribe verbal notes into digital text; but I'm not sure if you can attach them to a book being read that way (or maybe that's future functionality?)

I can also envision (if they aren't already doing it) interactive... (books isn't the right word because they would be more than that) on e-readers/tablets. Something less than a Trekian holodeck (they're a long way off due to memory/processing requirements) but nevertheless multi-media involving words (written and/or spoken), video, music, and more. Something books might evolve into.

Would it be too far off-topic to expand/modify the original questionWhich do you prefer—E-Reader or Paper Books—to include audio books? (Same problem with note-taking.)

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (04-25-2014)