View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

nyuszisie,

The statement made by the dentist about the rc material not causing any problem is just unrealistic. Hopefully it won't cause a problem but no one can affirmatively tell you it won't. My concern, which should be your dentists concern as well, is the possible relation between your sinuses and the rc material. Any chance you could post the panoramic xray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuszisue View Post
I couldn't get the pre root canal x ray from my old dentist. I talked to one dentist who saw the x rays with white spot and he said yes it could be rc material but that wouldn't cause a problem, and if there is no apparent sign of infection, to let the nature heal the extraction. I just saw my OS ( the jerk, because I couldn't get appointment with somebody else for 3 weeks ) when I asked about that white spot, he said yes, that's rc material, but that's not a problem at all. He said to either open it up, or wait a couple of weeks more. I'm afraid I will wait and end up having it open up anyway, but I'm afraid to have that re opening done. It's still a little red inside the socket, he took a panoramic x ray, he doesn't see anything on it, but said the x rays doesn't pick up everything.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote