View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

nyuszisie,

Thanks for posting the panoramic xray. From this radiographic view the rc material is in communication with or laying in front of your sinuses. Your extracted tooth was in the same position. I've asked you before if the dentist who extracted this tooth checked for a sinus communication at the time of the extraction. I believe you said that was not done...??

It also looks like the periodontal ligament was not entirely removed during the oral surgery. So now it makes sense why the rc material was not removed a that time as the site was not thoroughly debrided. Both of these things, the rc material and the ligament remnants could become problematic or it may not become anything significant to worry about. No one can predict that outcome.

You may have already mentioned this someplace....... but are you in the process of having more dental work done? Do you have pain in other areas of your mouth?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote