View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 11:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi pennye,

I am going to repost some of your thread and reply in bold type.

<<<I looked at his dental plan on this tooth were talking about, his plan was: Onlay.porc ceram 4cerec #19 MODB I was kinda happy to see its not a full crown his price is $809.00>>>

THIS ONLAY IS BASICALLY A CROWN. THE ONLY SURFACE THAT IS MISSING IS THE LINGUAL SIDE WHICH IS ON THE TONGUE SIDE. FYI.. OFTEN THESE LARGE ONLAYS TURN INTO FULL COVERAGE CROWNS AFTER THE TOOTH IS PREPARED. THE DENTIST IS TRYING TO BE CONSERVATIVE AND KEEP WHAT HE FEELS IS STRONG ENOUGH TO REMAIN UNCOVERED. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT APPROACH.

<<<it sounds nuts but my husband caught me doing it and I caught myself, I open my mouth and smack down really quick almost like a contraction>>>

DO YOU DO THIS ON PURPOSE? DO NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER CLOSING YOUR MOUTH?

<<<, the next day I went to a denturist and had the mouth guard made, so much cheaper, only 50.00 compared to hundreds of dollars. The mouth guard is not a hard plastic but not a really pliable one either>>>

IF YOU ARE GOING TO WEAR A NIGHTGUARD IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING THAT FITS YOU VERY WELL OR MORE PROBLEMS WILL ARISE. SO THE FEE OF $50 MAKES ME THINK THAT IT'S NOT A REAL GOOD ONE. THE MATERIAL THAT NIGHTGUARDS ARE MADE OUT OF SHOULD BE RIGID AND NOT FLEXIBLE.

<<< I kept it out the last 2 nights and omg pain again, upper jaw above the molars feels like someone punched my cheek bone>>>

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY CLENCHING OR GRINDING YOUR TEETH IN YOUR SLEEP.
My smacking of the jaw is uncontrollable in my sleep, I caught it while I was starting to fall asleep a nap and felt what I was doing it was really fast like chomping down really quick, not grinding the mouth went back to position on its own it either started a year ago after the first extraction or prior to a year ago with no teeth problems but I had no symptoms I took the guard out to see if the familiar pain would come back and it definitely did it takes 2 days to calm back down after wearing the guard again, the guard is a hard not flexible but not acrylic hard

<< I run it under hot water and try to stretch it a little bit>>>

WHAT, THE NIGHTGUARD OR YOUR FACE?
I tried to warm up the guard and stretch it on the one tooth that hurts in the morning.

<<< I have to get this tooth #19 address quickly its starting to hurt but am a little skeptical with my dentist only used him for the extractions and I am now questioning if I like him, he seems a little short when wanting to ask him questions, I only wish I knew what to do, see him again or start fresh with another dentist on all of the crowns he wants he didn't say a word about a RC just said the fillings were huge and old and cracks, he said this particular tooth is fractured hence the new pain a week now.>>>

YES, #19 NEEDS TO BE DONE SOONER THAN LATER.

<<< This exam was Feb 12, this year with a cleaning. I have been very very blessed I haven't had to have any work done as an adult 37 yrs only had cleanings and 2 premolar extractions,>>>

WERE YOU UNDER THE CARE OF THE SAME DENTIST MOST OF OF YOUR LIFE? WAS DENTAL WORK SUGGESTED TO YOU ON SOME OF THESE TEETH AT DIFFERENT TIMES BUT YOU PUT IT OFF?
The last I had to use this dentist was in 1994, (This year twice for two premolar teeth removals because I refused RC) I had the furthest back molar break and he put what looks like a silver cover over it but not a crown, the balance of the tooth was sanded down and covered up.
I went to get cleanings where I could get it cheap didn't have a regular dentist needing to do any work clean bill of health after cleanings, mind you was not regular cleanings once I went 3 yrs. without a cleaning but did floss and brush during this time didn't know just how imperative cleanings were have been the last 5 years once a year and with the exams no work was ever suggested.

<<<now looking at crown on 3, onlay on 31, onlay on 14, crown on 15, 2 partials, onlay on 19 and crown on front tooth 8. >>>

TWO PARTIALS.... THIS INDICATES THAT YOU HAVE MISSING TEETH ON BOTH ARCHES. ARE YOU CONGENITALLY MISSING TEETH? CROWN ON TOOTH #8 ... IS THIS A ROOT CANALED TOOTH?
Yes, this front tooth has a RC that was done in 1986 no crown he wants to crown this front tooth and it is discolored but omg front tooth down to a stub I cant even handle the thought of doing this tooth I don't chew near this tooth ever, only soft soft food goes near this front tooth I know it is fragile.
<<< How the heck can I get my adult brain around the fact that I need dental work and to be able to afford it also to be able to trust these teeth to be good to me and not be told RC once these teeth fillings are dug out.>>>

THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT YOUR TEETH ARE PRESENTLY HEALTHY OR WILL REMAIN HEALTHY AFTER THE DENTAL WORK. YOU NEED TO HAVE TRUST IN YOUR DENTIST. YOU NEED TO FEEL THAT YOU CAN ASK HIM QUESTIONS FREELY WITHOUT HIM GETTING ANNOYED OR PUT OFF.

YOU NEED TO DECIDE WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT AND MOST COMFORTABLE TO YOU. SOME OF THOSE THINGS CAN BE.....

1) GO ALONG WITH WHATEVER YOUR DENTISTS DECIDES TO DO. KEEP YOUR TEETH NO MATTER WHAT WHICH MEANS YOU ARE OKAY WITH HAVING ROOT CANALS. NOT BE TOO CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THE REMOVAL OF MERCURY FILLINGS OR THE TOXICITY OF THE OTHER MATERIALS THAT THE DENTIST USES.

2) YOUR OVERALL HEALTH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU WHICH MEANS YOU WOULD CONSIDER EXTRACTION OVER HAVING ROOT CANALS. YOU WANT YOUR DENTIST TO FOLLOW THE PROPER MERCURY REMOVAL PROTOCOL AND WANT TO FEEL CONFIDENT THAT HE HAS YOUR BEST AND HEALTHIEST INTEREST IN MIND.

Everyone is different. Only you can decide what is most important to you and then find someone who agrees with you or is open minded to what is important to you.
Thanks Bryanna I am falling into a deep depression over this I am scared to death and I am broke, I am thinking about selling my car and getting the work started I am scared my teeth are going to all break I lost massive weight I don't want them to break so I don't eat my usual amount of calories just enough to survive. I had a eating disorder when I was younger, the old habits are starting to come back but for different reasons, this time I don't want to eat because I don't want to break my teeth even a piece of French bread and the tooth can break. I don't want RC teeth, which is basically losing your teeth if you don't get one.
pennye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote