View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 07:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just wanted to give a follow up :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I don't think you should be on ANY Paxil while taking the Cymbalta. Serotonin syndrome is serious, and if you have high serotonin for long periods of time, it can damage heart valves, and possibly cause pulmonary hypertension.
This is why some diet pills were taken off the market as they raised serotonin too.

Your pharmacy should have stopped you at some point, and explained this to you. So do be careful, please! I think you should discuss this ASAP with your doctor...and come to a safe solution with him/her.

It's a beautiful morning in GA. Sun is shinning and I hope All of us on here have a good Sat.

I did go see Amy on Wed of this week and by then had a sinus infection that put me in bed for 3 days. Not the worst I've ever had but was very painful. I really do believe this SFN makes anything you get worse This is the 2nd sinus infection I've had in 4 weeks.

We discussed the Paxil/Cymbalta combo and she said yes, the neuro and the pharmacy should have noticed and notified me. But she does not want to take me off the Paxil. She well remembers what I was like a year ago when this started and doesn't want me to get back to that 'place' mentally. She also knows I'll probably be coming off the Cymbalta since the 60 mg a day is not working and I had too many side effects when increased to 90 mg.

Bad news: Amy, my PCP, is cutting her full schedule to 1 to 4 days a month for the next 18 to 24 months. I will really miss her and hopefully I'll be able to 'catch' her here and there for an appointment. She's going home to stay with her kids (one being a step-son in 7th grade that his mom doesn't want) and her 2 younger boys. Don't blame her one bit. I will be staying at that local office because the other 2 dr's can call Amy at any time if they need to discuss my case and she is the only one that prescribes my pain meds.

Saw my neuro yesterday morning. I've been on the Lyrica 75 mg 2 x's for the last three weeks and have developed stomach problems. Mainly stomach aches that knock me off my feet for about an hour.......this occurs on and off all day long. Neuro said he had never heard of Lyrica causing stomach issues but agreed to take me off of it for 3 weeks to see if it's the Lyrica causing it. I'm about 99% sure it is. I never have stomach aches or issues and these just started after I added the Lyrica.

So as of today I'm off gaba, Lyrica and only on Cymbalta 60 mg a day. Not sure where this is going pain wise but my head has been so much clearer since I stopped the gaba which I have been on since last year at this time at some dose or another. The only difference I've noticed in the pain is that it is 'sharper' and my fingers and toes seem to be worse pain wise. Or maybe it's just sharper because my mind is clear of the cobwebs that are now gone.

Good PS: I'm looking at my 20 lb cat, Bob, that I had shaved into a lion's cut yesterday and he is so handsome....he's a long hair and I usually shave him twice a year. He has 3 layers of different fur and my very black cat is now gray....lol...with a black head, tail and legs

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote