View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty
I remember a mulberry tree in our backyard when I was a child and there were a few occasions when we spotted a squirrel that seemed a bit loopy. My Mom finally figured that he was eating the mulberries after they had fermented. Don't know if that was really what was going on but he did seem "impaired" at times.
I can corroborate that. Our last house had an enormous mulberry tree in the back yard, and our dog at the time would spend an inordinate amount of time snarfing the fermented berries that were lying on the ground. No question in our minds she got a little buzz from them.

The squirrels too. I came out one day to find branches & leaves strewn all over the backyard (which we had just mowed & raked the day before). I thought our neighbor had been doing some trimming, and asked him to please pick up the debris. He surprised me when he said it wasn't him and pointed up in the tree to the squirrels, who were loopy and on a tear...

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (04-26-2014), Lara (04-26-2014), mrsD (04-26-2014)