View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 09:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Middle of the night rant

So, its 3 o'clock in the morning and I am sitting outside trying to cool my very hot and bothered feet down - and here in the UK its not exactly warm so the rest of me is pretty darned cold.

Nothing better to do than to sit and wonder what on earth is going on with my legs - they used to work so well for me. I have always suffered in the summer with rls, but since I lost the ability to walk, the rls and pins and needles is 100times worse and it is no longer a warm weather only problem.

Sorry guys, I just needed to rant. I just cannot see how the loss of use of my legs, my balance being completely off (I am now sporting a black eye from misjudging where I was in relation to the door frame), the exacerbation of the rls and chronic dry eyes is somehow my body reacting to having won a battle with cancer 15 yrs ago. What a cop out from a neuro who did not even bother to do a full initial workup.

Is an emg absolutely definitive, i.e. if clear right at the initial onset of early symptoms mean there is not anything neurological going on? I don't understand these tests and still don't know why it was carried out on my right ankle and shoulder when all my problems are with the left side. The neuro is absolutely adamant everything can be ruled out based on this test alone.

Am I really going mad? Is this all in my head? I have always been so busy, so happy and so full of life then wham - no working legs and steadily increasingly weak upper arms. Oh what joy.

Sorry - rant over. Hope you all have a good day (or night depending on where in the world you are).
jammyh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (04-27-2014)