View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 03:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I reports like this can be so misleading.

What were the level of tests ? over here the standard test is based on the MMSE (a test for Alzheimer's) which is so easy to pass - I could but I can't remember a phone number after a few minutes.

The report uses the term "detectable disability" so is having a limited term memory or problems planning a disability ?

Without being demeaning to the high school drop outs, what level of capability were they before and after ? Maybe a lot of the results are down to an individuals drive and motivation, if someone isn't motivated to push themselves educationally or in career - do they have the same drive to attempt to mend themselves after an accident ? Again no stereotypes implied

The other thing could be sheer coincidence in the sample? How many remarkable people like "lightrail" are there out there ?

Again reports like these send the wrong message to family doctors, insurance firms and legal people - Ah you have a Phd therefore you should be better by now .....
Hockey (04-28-2014), Mokey (04-29-2014), Theta Z (05-04-2014)