View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 10:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am late seeing your post and am so sorry to hear the news. A friend of mine just learned recently of her dog having diabetes. The toll on the dog was awful at first. The dog went blind overnight. They considered putting the dog down but did not. Within a few weeks, the dog had regained his sight, perked up, is tolerating the injections just fine, and is back to his normal self in all other aspects. He did develop some behavioral issues for a few days, getting into the garbage and things he had never done before but that did not last for long. I have no idea why the temporary behavioral change but all is going very well now for both dog and family.

I wish the best for you and your 4 legged family member. I hope you can find some financial help as medical care for animals can be very expensive.

I am a HUGE dog lover so I appreciate your plight. Take care and know that you and your precious dog are in our thoughts and prayers. Don't panic if there are some good and bad days. Getting the blood sugar levels correct can be a challenge but it is possible. Your dog can bounce back after an episode of poor blood sugar levels.

Keep us posted.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (04-27-2014), RSD ME (04-27-2014)