View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 01:03 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default re: cyclosporin

Hey, the insurance rejected that because without an approved diagnostic code it wouldn't be covered. If a test or scrip isn't considered 'necessary' they aren't required to go along with it, and that kind of immunosuppressant isn't appropriate for an allergy. There isn't enough known about its long term effects to validate the administration to someone without a chronic disease.

I think people here are attributing too many of their reactions to this metal. Hypersensitivity is becoming common, as is Leaky Gut from gluten intolerance. Particles that escape the permeable epithelial lining of the intestine enter the bloodstream and trigger an immune cascade. So much more than just metals can create this inflammatory reaction.

I have a nickel allergy as well, and many foods do cause a problem for me, but so do a lot of chemicals, dyes, medications and other irritants. I also have lupus, previously diagnosed as fibromyalgia before the disease markers showed up. Speaking from experience, you don't want to go on a strong immunosuppressant without extremely good cause. The risks are too high. I would look at other aspects of your diet and hygiene- such as what detergent you use. A problem with yeasts or molds is also quite possible, and it could be coming from a dietary or environmental source.

You can end up developing an autoimmune syndrome or full-blown disease from chronic inflammation. Consider it as the immune system getting exasperated and finally going mad. There is rarely just one issue, and the potential irritants can mount up over time. If other factors are present when the body reacts to one substance, the immune system may begin reacting to those factors, because it can no longer differentiate. Hyper-vigilance and hypersensitivity ensues.

It's grueling (and fairly ineffective) to attempt self-diagnosis through elimination or any other method. Look up the ALCAT test. Anyone suffering from long term allergic reactions should get a complex food and chemical sensitivity panel done. The skin prick tests aren't enough. Insurance will cover at least part of it.
hollydid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote