View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 05:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default what a lovely idea Therese

If just one person gains help and comfort by being here then it will be worth while.This can be a lonely and frightening journey for all concerned as there is so much daily adjusting to do.You turn one corner,and are faced with yet another.You forever seem to be searching for respite in a straight path for a while but it doesn`t seem to come.
I realise the danger of learning too much,but sometimes it is as bad to know too little...and surmise.The road ahead may become less fearful if you read how we all get different things at different stages.It`s not liuke after 2 years you will lose your mobility..at 5 years you will drool.None of it is set in stone.
Here too,we also have a laugh which can raise the spirits a little.

English Country dancer.What a valid point..that how do we know what another person is feeling.I don`t believe we can.We have all suffered grief and loss...but because I have lost my parents..it doesn`t mean that I know what another persons hurt is like when it happens to them
I think all we can do is to say if you have experienced similar;
"I have SOME idea of what you are going through...and I uinderstan d."
or if it is a remote experience...it pays to be honest and say
"I have absolutely no idea how you must be feeling but I care enough to be here for you..listen to you..."

You carers have a tough job.I take my hat off to you.
love
steff
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote