View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
E-books to me, like available technology(computers, etc.), are a tool. Sometimes the only choice we are given is choice of attitude.

My power wheelchair gives me mobility and freedom. My computer and e-mails gives me access to others and entertainment. Years ago it was very different. My kids are in college, I don't think pencils and pens and paper get used much. Both rent many needed textbooks at a much lower cost on e-books. I've read a hundred "classic" books they've never heard of. To them I am a dinosaur, much like I thought my parents were.
Well, I have found a great new way to use my Kindle Fire to bring absolute joy to another human being. My landlord (also my friend) is 81 years young. She has a Jitterbug phone, she watches tv but of course (well, not of course) but you know what I mean, she knows nothing about tablets, computers, etc.

Last night I was downstairs and I said "Would you like to really laugh?" She said: "Now what are you going to show me on that thing of your"? Usually I show her Facebook stuff about her grandson.

Well, last night I had her watching Ellen Degeneres videos of Andy and Amy at the haunted house. And if any of you haven't seen any of these videos, bring tissues because you will be laughing so hard you have no idea.

Well, last night there was my landlord holding my Kindle Fire watching Ellen Videos and laughing her you know what off. She was wiping her eyes and having the time of her life.

So everytime I go downstairs in the evening I shall make notice of a very funny video for her and she will be laughing her head off. At 81, everybody should be laughing their heads off

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote