View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 10:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is another interesting conversation, and one of my favorite aspects of the forum are discussions like this. I do not think that overall this is a depressing place, or that we present too dire a picture. Neuropathy is so varied in its causes and presentation that forums like this are an invaluable help in figuring out how to mitigate and live with the disease. Doctors, even neurologists, are not interested in the specifics many times, and they certainly do not want to get into lifestyle, nutrition, or supplements which may help.
Those of us who have been on for a while can sometimes recognize when someone comes with symptoms that point to a specific cause, as in hereditary neuropathies. While that is a progressive and untreatable disease it is helpful to know that others are coping with it, in my case with the help of pain medications which preserve a reasonable quality of life.
Even those who come here mostly to relate their symptoms hopefully find that writing about it helps to organize their thoughts and sometimes a knowledgeable member will point out symptoms which may actually indicate a different condition which should be checked out.
At the very least sharing with each other here keeps us from boring our families and friends!
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (04-28-2014), glenntaj (04-28-2014), jenng (04-27-2014), Kitt (04-28-2014), mrsD (04-28-2014), v5118lKftfk (04-28-2014)