View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 04:24 AM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member
Default Hi Sally

I came across a good article on Kidney stone prevention from Harvard Medical School's "Harvard Health" publication. The article is titled "5 steps for preventing kidney stones" by executive editor Daniel Pendick. If you Google it I'm sure you'll find it too. It's a good read and not too long.

I agree with Mrs D that research studies are preferable before embarking on a controversial supplement when ever possible. Sometimes you have to step outside your comfort zone and take a calculated risk. You have to risk reaching into the unknown.

I've read about double blind studies done on acupuncture where the results showed only the slightest improvement over placebo but I personally have witnessed it "appearing" to powerfully heal when everything else I tried failed. Perhaps my experience was coincidental and was healing on it's own all the while. I tend to doubt that it healed itself but who can say for sure? Who can say if the is a deity watching over me assisted me or not? Sometimes it's a faith thing.

I knew someone who went on a wheat grass fast for 3 years consuming only wheatgrass juice and a few supplements who got terribly ill as the detox effects were long lasting and extremely severe but he never strayed from his commitment to ride it out what ever happened and eventually started to improve to become a very fit and energetic person where before he had a very weak immune system and was always tired and sickly.

Lengthy wheat grass fasts are well known for their intense detoxification and nutritional healing. Some who were too weak before doing a detox like that have died. There is always the risk. You only have my word on that story and frankly you don't know me from the man in the moon but you can read up on wheat grass fasting just like you can with DE. I suspect DE is much easier to stick with than wheat grass too.

You might want to experiment with wheat grass as well. There are lots of seemingly unusual remedies out there that only come by word of mouth that have saved peoples lives for centuries. We all are out of balance in one way or another and we cant expect all remedies to behave the same for everyone. For some taking a leap of faith there is healing regardless of collected evidence or not. Proof is in the pudding as they say.

Pain is a great motivator and I'm willing to take a leap of faith on adding DE to my daily routine if there is the slightest chance it will help. Perhaps it will take weeks or months before I feel or see improvement in my pain or in my lab results. As long as it isn't too hard on my system I'll stay the course. I'm planning on getting some at the compounding pharmacy I mentioned to get started myself. I'll order some where you got yours to continue on.

Thank you!
birdman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (04-28-2014), Stacy2012 (04-28-2014)