View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 08:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My husband will tell me sometimes that he wants to do things for me, but feels completely helpless because what can he do? While emotionally he has been there for me, he wants to do things more concrete for me. So I give him things to do, and maybe that would help you. (besides working on the being there emotionally thing, which really counts for a lot.) I let him do things I could do myself like heat my microwavable heating pads for me, tuck me in for naps when he's home, he helps me make dinner even when I can do it myself. Just things that make him feel like he's helping. And honestly, even if I could get my heating pad myself, it really does help not to make the trip. And it's nice to be tucked in or to make dinner together and have him to do the "heavy lifting" in the kitchen. So even if you can't make any grand gestures, do all the little things because they truly matter.

And I just got diagnosed myself so I haven't had a nerve block yet but I've heard good things. I would push her to do what she needs to for her health. It's more important than work.
Adalaide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (04-28-2014), Lottie (04-29-2014)