View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 07:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neurologist said "it's not PN, its Neuropathic symptoms"???

Well its been over a year now since my symptoms started. I have seen my neurologist 3 times and finally he said to me last week "we have ruled out the big things i.e. nerve impingement of the spinal roots, spinal cancer, auto immune and hormonal issues. I don't think you have PN but neuropathic symptoms". What I don't understand is that surely the Neuropathic symptoms i.e. burning, pins and needles and altered skin sensations of sandpaper of my skin, (Sensor Neuropathy) are a part of PN. I am really lost and don't know what to do now. All blood tests came back normal with the ANA detected with Titre 1:160 which I will be retested again in May. The symptoms fluctuate day to day, and I try to manage them without any medication (the Neurologist gave me Endep for burning which I didn't take).
For the last few months I have use different supplements i.e. R-Lipoic Acid, Vit B5, Multi Vitamins, Indoplex, CO-Q10, Vit D3. I have stopped using Magnesium a few weeks ago as I have been struggling with a metal taste on my tongue. This symptom has improved but not gone completely. I was so pleased TO come off Micardis 40 mg daily in December however, I had to start again 10 days ago as my Blood pressure had increased on average to 150/85. I think the BP increase was caused by not taking the oral Magnesium (I continued to use the Morton Epsom Lotion though). The last few days my symptoms seemed to worsen, because of Micardis?? (i take 20 mg now). I am thinking to stop the Micardis to see if the symptoms improve? Last night I just broke down with fear and a sense of hopelessness…. what else can I do?

Yu Ping (first name)
yupings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote