View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 11:06 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Justin,

The Cefdinir is a cephalosporin drug similar to penicillin and keflex amongst others. If you are taking antacids ... make sure to take them 2 hours before or 2 hours after the Cefdinir or the antibiotic will become less affective. Since you are seeing the ENT Dr tomorrow maybe it would be wise to not take the Cefdinir until you see him as the meds may temporarily subside some symptoms making it difficult to diagnose the problem.

Try using a saline nose spray a few times a day to try and clear some of the congestion and reduce nasal passage inflammation. Try not to use anything other than saline as it's not necessary to put any chemicals up your nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmitty33 View Post
Ok will do that, i forgot to ask him about that. I have an ent appointment wednesday. It's near the bottom of the neck, It almost makings me wonder if it's allergies or the left over infection. It's honestly not sure. My nose has been clogged up since the pollen release. Since my antibiotics ran out the last doctor i seen Saturday felt my neck and wants me to take cefinir 300mg. I am picking it up today. The lymph nods seem swollen from the side all the way down to the top of my shoulder. The left side does not seem to be swollen but the infection was on the right side. I'm honestly not sure what it is, one day it feels fine one day is doesn't. I'm going to try a sinus rinse and see i that helps. The doctor did say i had draining but i don't think the lymph nodes should hurt like that which i could be wrong.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote