View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 06:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco4586 View Post
I have no clue why my work and friends at work dont understand what I am going thru. I am to the point where I just want to cry. They dont understand that I physically can't be here all day right now. I just wish they would read what I give them in reference to my RSD. But I see them open the email and close it. They think it is too long to read or think that I am lying.
Hi Dana, Gosh, I am so sorry that your friends at work don't understand what your going through. I too feel like no one really cares. I hurt so much lastnight, that I was up and on all night long. My husband comes into our bedroom and says, "Get up.. our son's are here with our grand kids". I said, Bill, you know I was up all night. he says, take a pill and 'cmon outside for another cook out.(we had one yesterday also) ok.. I take a pain pill, comb my hair and go outside and put on a pretend happy face. As I sat there listening to them all chat away, I'm thinking.. WAIT!! This is crazy.. I don't want to be told what to do!! I said, excuse me, Bill.. "You know that I was up all night.. I drag my butt out of bed.. you know I am in pain all the time!! I then tell my sons and their spouses, look.. I am sorry that I really can't sit here today and chit chat but you all don't have any idea what I am going through! I hurt, I'm tired(from the neurotin, pain pills) and I have my good and bad days and today is a really bad day. I don't want pity, I want understanding. This beast I have RSD is not nice!! my sons hugged me, and said ;"Mom, I am sorry that your going through so much!! my oldest turned to his dad and said, dad, don't make mom do anything that she doesn't feel like doing, we're not in her shoes!) wow!! I was shocked he said that, yet pleased that they both know what I go through. Don't keep quiet, tell them, you have no idea what I go through with this pain and if you really want some information on this disease, I'll be happy to give ya some to read. don't hide what your feeling, Dana.. just be up front with what your feeling. You don't need anyone's approval.. if they are true friend's they would read some info on this, if not, "oh well, that's their problem, Im done being a people pleaser! sending you gentle loving hugs Dana Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote