View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 06:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi LCat,
Just like you I have both absence and complex partial sz. Before I had brain surgery done I had a veeg where the electrodes were directly on my brain and I also had an MRI, CT scan, wada test, and angiogram. The tests showed that I had a scar on the right temporal lobe of my brain that was causing my absence sz. but it wasn't until surgery was done that they found more brain damage on the left side of the brain that not a single test showed because it was to deep in my brain and this could possibly be the problem that you have.
When I have a cp sz. I start out by seeing colors flashing back and forth in my eyes and I get a nervous feeling in my stomach then I sometimes hear one word repeated over and over again and I get muscle spasms around my mouth. After that I blank out and I sometimes will wander around the house or work. One thing I've noticed is when I'm having a cp sz. if I'm holding a cup of coffee or tea in my hand I always drop it and spill it all over the place.
My epi told my that cp sz. are the hardest type of sz. to control. I've found that the moment I start to get the nervousness in my stomach and see the colors in my eyes, then I tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists by doing this it stops the cp sz.
I see you live in my favorite state. I love Virgina Beach. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote