View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 07:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hurts to be touched

I'll be 5 weeks post-op from a hysterectomy (kept my ovaries) on Thursday. On May 9th I'll see my doctor for my 6 week appointment and get the all clear to finally be able to have sex again. My husband is counting days at this point, maybe even hours.

I find myself having two problems with this date coming up and I'd like suggestions on how to tackle them. First, while the sex we do have is pretty great I find that my libido is come and go. It can take some serious effort to get me to "on" even though I'm well aware that it's worth the time and effort. I haven't been on any of the meds I'm on for as long as this has been a problem, and I'm wondering if it's related to problem two maybe?

Problem two, I have CRPS which affects my entire left leg to the hip and into my lower back and my entire right arm, from my hand into my shoulder, back, neck and my left face/head. It is extraordinarily painful about 90% of the time to be touched at all on my left side, more so the later in the day it gets. And of course... he's a night time kind of guy.

We don't share a bed because I can't deal with someone else in a bed moving or being bumped so sex just isn't going to happen organically. One of us needs to drag the other to bed. Is there anything anyone has discovered as a way to overcome or bypass pain issues to better enjoy sex. It can be rather distracting at times. And since the issue has been going on so long, short of bringing this up with a doctor (which I may do but just not atm) is it possible/likely that the libido thing is just because of I don't want to deal with the pain? To be perfectly honest, I find that 1-2 times a week I would be perfectly happy to jump (jump meaning limp to and collapse) into bed early in the day if he were home, but he's off at work.
Adalaide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote