View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
This guy was internist (from another country), and all he could offer was to refer me on to a rheumatologist if I wanted that. They must give out medical licences there in Cracker Jack boxes .
When I was in the hospital, they gave me some medicine that is known to cause seizures. It was a last ditch effort for the bladder pain and issues I was having because of the surgery. So, one nurse was getting things ready in case I had a seizure since I've had small ones before. Another nurse was in there too and they were discussing the set up of the equipment. One nurse was trying to explain it to the other nurse and asking if it was correct or if she knew. Well, each room has a computer in it and one of the nurses goes over to look it up on the internet. So I told them, jokingly, that it really makes me nervous when my nurses are consulting Dr. Google. They both laughed. It was the image of the set up that they wanted.

BTW - The stuff worked fantastic!!! It's called B&O. It's belladonna and opium. It's very expensive though as they gave me a prescription for it after I was discharged. I had a hard time finding a pharmacy that had it on hand and when I did find one, my insurance wouldn't cover it and it was $300 for a 14 day supply. I didn't get it and just suffered through the pain and issue with a little oxybutynin.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (04-30-2014), Erika (04-30-2014), Mariel (05-05-2014), SallyC (04-30-2014)