View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 09:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
Hi All,

I monitored my b/p for almost a week now. The results I have found made me call my GP for an appt. which I had this afternoon.

Kitt here is an example of how it depends on who takes the pressure. The medical assistant told me it was 110/70. "I said, it figures! It has been high all week and now it's normal!"
Well when the doctor took it he got 150/100. He did it with two different size cuffs and then requested I allow him to take it with the cuff she used. He wanted to be sure it was not broke. All three times 150/100.

I have to start Amlodipine 5 mgs. Has/does anyone take this?

He does seem to think that is the cause of my headaches. He also thought in the same direction I thought, I am going to have an ultrasound of my kidneys. I also have to have lab work done.

I went there with every intention of saying no meds. However, with the significant family history I have it occurred to me I was just being STUPID. Strokes and heart attacks all throughout my family. Whether I want to or not I'm taking the med until we get to the bottom of what is causing this.

If anyone had any others suggestions on testing please let me know.

Hopeful
Have you checked your thyroid numbers, you might be hyperthyroid from to much synthroid. High BP is a symptom.
Jon_sparky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote