View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 12:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icvmcjuju View Post
[Hello Beth
I know just how you feel as I had Trigemal neuralgia for 5 yrs. before the doctors figured out what it was. Then it was 3 yrs of God awful drugs
until my Dr found a neuro surgen that purformed an operation that put teflon pads between the tri geminal nurve and a vessel that was causeing all my problems(it was called mirovascular decompression surgery).. The minute I awoke from surgery I knew it was all over with and now on to a wonderful life.

Find a good neuro surgen!

read up on any drug they want you to take,you have the right to refuse !

good luck
icvmcjuju
I am so sorry if I don't have this reply in the right spot. I'm have just started and how this works is greek to me.I think you're the person that replied to my post about the MD surgery. I was asking about it and you said it worked for you. I wanted to ask if mine could be a-typical because it started out with the lightening bolts about 5 years ago also. Now I still have the bolts when I touch my face or blow my nose etc. It has gone from that to hurting (burning) even after the bolts. I'm not sure if you could have had these symptoms. I'm really leaning toward the MD surgery but read it's works best on the a-typical symptoms. I have an consolation appt and trying to gather up questions I can ask. I know everyone on here would be able to help me out. Thanks again and I'm hoping you could answer some of these questions for me.
DonnaRose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote