View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 05:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Chronic pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinpain View Post
Hello everyone. I'm a married mother with two children from Texas. I have been living with chronic pain for over ten years, and it's been hard to find the right doctors to treat my pain. I had back surgery five years ago, and everything seemed to get worse from there. I have peripheral neuropathy which makes me prone to many falls. I've broken bones and even had to get my tibia repaired. My body is full of titanium rods and screws. My pain is at least an eight on a scale of 1-10 everyday, and when I have flare ups (which is often) my pain is way past ten.

I hope to learn as well as give useful advise to people who have similar health conditions as me. Much love to all of you in the struggle.
I am so sorry to hear about your pain. I have been in pain for more than four years. It really decreases your quality of life. Try reading and on ALCAT testing and leaky gut syndrome. Use google scholar, it is more reputable. My Neuro surgeon had me do ALCAT testing and once one month after starting the elimination diet my pain has mostly vanished. My pain is minimal as long as I stay on the diet. I also had nerve pain.
I also just saw an Integrated Physician and she said I had leaky gut syndrome from all the pain pills and other medication. Research both and see what you think. I decided to look for other answers when traditional medicine wasn't working. I wish you the best.
Msudawg89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote