View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 07:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Hi Yu Ping,

A metallic taste is a common side effect of medications/supplements (e.g. too much D3). Checking side effects of the meds/supplements you're taking should give you an idea of possible culprits. But it can also be an indicator of other things, especially if it doesn't resolve completely. I would mention it to my doctor.

FWIW, Endep=amitriptyline. I take a very low dose (10 mg) at bedtime to help sleeping with chronic pain. I've had no problems, but everyone is different.

Doc
Hi Doc,

Yes I did mention it to my Neurologist, hence he sent me to have SE-Rheumatoid Factor, SE-C-Reactive protein, SE-Angiotensin Conv Enz, SE-ANA Virtual and SE-ENA Virtual tests to rule out Sjogren's Disease, Systematic Lupus and other auto immune problems. I check the side effects of the supplements I took and found too much magnesium can cause metallic taste but didn't realise Vit D3 can also cause it. I take 2000 IU daily, is this too much? Interestingly my symptoms tend to worsen as the day goes on, so morning is the best for me, hardly any symptoms.

I know I am stubborn but will now consider taking Endep if necessary. Thank you for taking the time to provide support, really appreciate it. Yu Ping
yupings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote