View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 07:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
Hi Yu Ping,
Has your doctor suggested a skin biopsy to diagnose small fiber neuropathy? It isn't a bad test to go through and may give you the answer you are looking for. I am also curious whether you have had an EMG/NCS as echoes posted. If your doctor has not done this testing, I would suggest you request he order them.

It sounds like you are reluctant to take medications and I agree. It is a difficult decision to make. I just hope you are not suffering needlessly when there out some treatments out there that may help alleviate some of your pain.

Hang in there it took most of us a few years to get our diagnosis.

Hopeful

Hi Hopeful,

No skin biopsy for small fibre neuropathy because the Neurologist doesn't believe I have PN but neuropathic symptoms…. The NCS test was normal and no EMG test was order. However, my neurologist did use a small sharp pins to poke me all over. After many "ouches" and some "moaning and groaning", he declared I am normal.

I understand what you said about suffering needlessly, I will try to live in the present, and take the medication when necessary, rather than worry about what side effects and addictiveness of the medication. Thank you. Yu Ping
yupings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (05-01-2014)