View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Cyclelops:: The doctor knows all about Alan's PN. He's been Alan's podiatrist for over 10 years. He has operated on Alan's foot. Did a beautiful job on his tailor bunions. He knows all about the IVIG and when Alan told him what happened during the recent IVIG thing, Alan said the look on his face was priceless. He knows all of Alan's medical history and what meds he is on.

Sue:
Alan does not have MRSA (at least not that we are aware of). And he's not going to go to any doctor and get a MRSA consult. Trust me on that, I know the man. Thankfully, he is fine (except for his re-ocurring foot ulcer!!!

Alan has had an ulcer dating back from last year. It would be healed, then he would go to the gym, and it would re-occur.

He initially got it because he went on the treadmill and he couldn't feel the friction and he got the sore on the bottom of his foot. He had an infection in this ulcer over one month ago, but the foot doctor (and me) took care of it very nicely. No more infection!!!

The ivig thing happened last week. Has absolutely nothing to do with his foot ulcer and he has no infection. All the doctor did today was debride it (like he usually does).

And the fact that the Doctor said "Don't have your wife call me". Well, maybe he thinks I'll ask him too many questions. He teases me about this all the time. I do know that if I called him with an emergency, then of course he will speak to me. (Right now this doctor is trying to get me Diabetic Shoes through my insurance, and I'm bugging him about that!!! I'm entitled to them, but today I got a denial from Empire Blue Cross (something about the wrong codes). Alan called the foot doctor's girl who takes care of these things and she said she would get right on it. So we BOTH go to this foot guy!!!

So, next week the doctor will tell Alan, "yes, I will operate", (probably this will happen)or No, I won't!!! He also told Alan he may "sew up the ulcer", then he shook is head and said "no, I don't think so". The doctor once told us that he often consults with other doctors about Alan's case because of his neuropathy.

Now as far as the neurologist goes, of course I'll tell her that they want to operate,(I will do this only after we find out that they WILL operate,) but if she doesn't call us back, what the heck are we supposed to do????

And tomorrow we see Dr. Fred, so I'll make him look at Alan's foot too!!!!AND WE'LL DISCUSS THE WHOLE IVIG DEBACLE!!!!

Such excitement, my goodness!!!!! Know what I wish?? I wish all these doctors would contact each other and do a consult and say "oh, Alan needs this, or Alan needs that".

Like that's gonna happen!!!

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote