View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 07:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think my MG actually started when I was pregnant 17 years ago. It is very common with women to start with autoimmune issues when they are pregnant. The theory being the baby cells sensitize you. I ended up with terrible hip pain and weakness, they chalked it up to sciatica. It took years to get my leg strength back and had intermittant MG symptoms ever since, misdiagnosed as stress, fatigue, depression, etc. When I had the abdominal surgery, MG hit like a ton on bricks. Gynecologist thick the pelvic floor prolapse with herniated bladder and rectum was actually the MG muscle weakness in retrospect. Maybe you are experiencing similar issue.

When the MG started, I actually thought it was the RSD returning. I am having a lot of autonomic dysfunction too. Don't know if it is another autoimmune disease or the RSD. Rheumotologist, gastroenterologist, neurologist and primary DR think it is another autoimmune issue. They ran a bunch of other antibodies and all are negative. Sed rate and CRP are high. I was wondering if it was systemic RSD. I have constant tinnitus, rapid bowel transit, dizziness and off equilbrium, i get tingling and stabbing pains, red rash on my face, fevers, you can see every vein and capillary in my body. I am getting the flushed face on and off all day with fevers. It looks like a butterfly shape and I think everyone was thinking Lupus. After speaking with you, I am almost convinced it is the systemic RSD.

The EMG was brutal. I remembering having dozens of them 30 years ago when they diagnosed the RSD. THe good leg would be fine, some tingling and buzzing. The bad leg was like being tortured by electricution. The SFEMG was not as bad as the emg. I do not think it is near as much voltage, or at least it did not seem so. It did hurt, but the area affected was so much smaller. I tried to meditate through it, my coping technique with the RSD.
They did the SFEMG on the muscle under my eye on both side. It is like an emg but every thing is smaller and they use a single isolated muscle and repetitively stimulate it to see a decreases response. They do not up the voltage as with the emg.

I could not tolerate any of the RSD meds. Thank God Tegretol got my RSD in a stable state. I do not think anyone with RSD really goes into remission. They usually start with Prednisone and mestinon for MG. Prednisone should help the RSD. Do you have the muscle fatigue with the MG. Mestinon does give some short-term symptomatic relief. I have all-over muscle weakness and get the chewing, swallowing, choking and breathing issues. I have a bipap machine to help with breathing at night. I am not sure how much longer I will be working, but I would bet not long.

What symptoms do you have with RSD in the face? I have the red rash and flushing, fever, sweats. Sometimes my face goes so white. I have buzzing and electric zaps and intense itching on my face. My eyebrows have almost fallen out. In fact most of my hair on my body has fallen out except my head. My hair was getting very thin on my head, but then when they put me on cellcept and that stopped.

Good luck with everything. And ask any questions if you are scared. This is a very supportive group. They are the best.
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (05-01-2014)