View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 03:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Maybe she intended to keep you at once a day for the 3 weeks until your next appointment. I have only heard of a (literally) couple of people that only take it once a day. Most take it 3 times a day for PN. It can (and is recommended) to be slowly increased until an appropriate dose is achieved and you have good pain relief. This can take a couple months, not weeks.

It really sounds like the sedation side-effect is wearing off and the dose it not high enough for your pain relief. Increasing from 2 pills a day to 3 may only be significant if the pills are 300mg each. If they are 100mg each, then the increase may not be noticeable, now that the sedation has worn off.

Like I have said before, I don't know much about EM...but is neurontin something they use for treatment of this condition? If so, are you taking the typical dose for EM (compared to what others on the EM forum report)? I say this, because neurontin may not even work for you if this is, in fact, EM and the treatment is something else...or more neurontin than what you're getting.

Your follow up appt should be coming up soon, right? I'd continue to keep a journal of your dosage and pain to review with her so the decision can be made to try something else or increase the dose.

Sorry, I don't have better answers for you.

**After hearing about Hopeful's experience with Cymbalta,I'd be scared too. I could not take Cymbalta...from the start. Horrible experience...but others have found it to help. Everyone is different.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (05-05-2014), Idiopathic PN (05-16-2014), Susanne C. (05-02-2014)