View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 04:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Has this happened to anyone else?

I am visiting my parents out of state and last night my mom suggested that I go through some family pictures to put into a frame she bought me that I can take home with me.

I opened the box of pictures and found two of me when I was younger, one at maybe age 10 the other at 17. (I had my accident at 28).

I saw the happy, confident girl in those photos and it felt like I was looking at photo of a relative who has died long ago. Like that the picture wasn't a picture of me, but of someone who doesn't exist anymore.

Not only was that alarming for me to think about, but I really feel like I'm never getting that happy, confident part of myself back and it scares me.

Sorry... just needed to vent where someone might understand.
What Happened: On 3/8/11 I was stopped waiting to merge into traffic when I was rear ended by someone doing 45 mph. I walked away from the accident, to fall into the pit of PCS 5 days later... (I have had 2 previous concussions, but neither developed into PCS.)

Symptoms 3 Years Post: Physical: migraines, infrequent vertigo, neck and back pain (from accident), tinnitus, visual field deficits in left eye, problematic light sensitivity, (including visual seizure activity), noise sensitivity, EXTREME fatigue, semi-frequent disrupted sleep cycles,
Cognitive: semi-frequent Brain fog after cognitive strain, limited bouts of impulsivity, unable to concentrate for more than short periods of time without fatigue, word finding problems, slowed processing speeds, impaired visual memory;
Emotional: easily overstimulated, depression, anxiety;

Treatment so far: Vestibular therapy; Physical Therapy; Vision Therapy; Vitamin Schedule; Limited caffeine; Medications; attempting to limit stress and overstimulation; Yoga; Cognitive Therapy
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon062314 (05-02-2014), Hockey (05-02-2014), MiaVita2012 (05-04-2014)