View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I TOTALLY understand what you're saying and I can see how the pictures triggered your feeling of, well, alienation.

Before my horrendous MVA, I was a professional writer. When I look at my previous publications, I can't even imagine how I wrote them. They are the product of a subtle, deep thinking, nuanced, intuitive and highly structured mind. I'm not that person. That person died in the MVA.

I found just having my old work around so depressing that I finally gathered it all up and burned it. In a way, my mind got the cremation the air bags denied my body.

I'm sorry if that sounds black, but that's the way I feel.

I have met TBI patients who have no insight into their current condition, and think that they are 100% okay. Maybe they're the lucky ones.

I tossed all my work in the hope that not being haunted by the ghost of my old self, would help me come to terms with living with the new one. Will it help? I don't know, but, as I've got obligations to my nearest and dearest, I have no alternative but to try and move forward.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
berkeleybrain (05-02-2014), Living_Dazed (05-02-2014), MomWriterStudent (05-07-2014), music-in-me (05-03-2014), poetrymom (05-03-2014), SmilinEyesMs305 (05-03-2014)