View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 08:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Ladies,

It's amazing how your words sound so familiar. Plus husband to husband. My husband looked through the photos with me Thursday night and his heart sank seeing the difference.

Like one of you said, it's not a physical thing. It's your presence, your light, confidence, it's not the same. I miss being a leader, the organizer, the social event planner, all of it.

I'm not that woman anymore. And where do I belong now? My fellow teachers are all masters of the above and I'm not registering anymore. My friends all work, run a household, are very active. Limbo is right.

I can't maintain all the relationships prior to the accident. I have two besties that stay in close contact with me and one of my former Principals I worked for that emails me EVERY night. He's a good man.

Thank you for sharing those raw emotions ladies. I know here that my alone feelings calm because others understand.

Peace and wellness,

Jace

*TBI with mild to severe damage November 2012 from car crash. Stroke with hemorage & 4 clots in veins in brain Feb/Mar 2015.

*Vestibular damage, PCS, hypercusis, severe visual processing and tracking issues, short term memory loss, headaches/migraines, occipital neuralgia, cognitive issues, neurological issues, brain fog, brain fatigue when over stimulated, twitching, vertigo, neck issues, nerve issues, PTSD, personality change, Since stroke left side weakness, rage, worsening of vestibular problems, recall, speech, memory.

*Can't drive or work. Have done occupational therapy, cognitive therapy, physical therapy. Learning work arounds, and strategies to be competent in daily life. Change your attitude/perspective changes your life. As TBI survivors this is a vital part of our healing and living.

*Working on getting to know and accept the new me.

Last edited by Living_Dazed; 05-02-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Thought
Living_Dazed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
music-in-me (05-03-2014), poetrymom (05-03-2014)