View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 09:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ah, thanks to all of you and your kind words. They soothe this soul.

I teach East Asian history, mostly modern Japan. Although that all seems like a lifetime ago. Last year I got proofs back for a book I was editing and I cried because not only could I not read it (double vision-), I could not understand it.

I can't even fathom teaching - the course syllabus seems foreign - but it's the energy levels and the fatigue and the pace of it all. Every day I can sustain maybe one hour of activity, before I wilt and my brain shuts down.

I know that once I have the energy and then the vision improves then perhaps I can begin to put the pieces back. But I'm not there. Maybe I won't be there for a long while. I don't know.

I know life is always changing, and we are adapting. WE are in transition. Hugs to you all-

Post-event: Diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, ptsd, whiplash, peripheral and central vestibular dysfunction and convergence insufficiency. MRI/CT scans fine.

Symptoms: daily headaches, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, cognitive fog, light/noise sensitivities, anxiety/irritability, fatigued, convergence insufficiency, tinnitus and numbness in arms/legs.

Therapies: Now topamax 50mg daily; Propanolol and Tramadol when migraine. Off nortryptiline and trazodone. Accupuncture. Vitamin regime. Prism glasses/vision therapy. Vestibular therapy 3month. Gluten free diet. Dairy free diet. On sick leave from teaching until Sept. 2014.
berkeleybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (05-03-2014), Living_Dazed (05-02-2014)