View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 10:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post
Hi,

Experts believe that after sustaining a head injury that pituitary dysfunction can occur, seemingly randomly, within up to 3 years after the injury. (hypopituitarism, hormone deficiencies, etc.)

Please Google or post for more information/symptoms to see if that might be the kind of testing you need to help yourself to get better.

I was undergoing vision therapy when I was diagnosed with hormone deficiencies and the vision impairments I was dealing with basically dissipated to the point that I no longer needed the therapy after I started taking hormone replacement therapy for the hormones that my pituitary gland was no longer providing to me. Now that I'm taking roughly 5-6 hormones (depending on how one classifies Vit D) about 8 months after starting the vision impairments are almost completely gone! I expect that my vision will improve back to "normal" in coming months.

You may also want to Google "Lupus" to see if that resonates with your symptoms, since you are sensitive to light, just in case.
Thank you! I had never even thought about the hormone angle. I'm only doing vision therapy right now, and haven't consulted with a neurologist. It's definitely
worth a try!
Kate89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote