View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 07:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It has happened happened to me. I suffered a string of concussions in 2006and 2008-2011, which resulted in prolonged PCS symptoms. By 2011, I thought I had recovered for the most part as I only experienced mild headaches in the mornings, and I was able to excel at work and at school.

Unfortunately, in February 2014, it appears that the stress from law school plus a minor head bump seemed to have triggered all of my old symptoms--headache, dizziness, brain fog, and fatigue. My neurologist described this as temporary reoccurrence of post-concussion symptoms. Although my symptoms have improved over the last couple months by doing my trusted vestibular and vision therapies, this whole episode has devastating because PCS has derailed my life again.

One positive that I can draw from my struggle is that I have learned to cherish the little things in life like going on a walk with my dog. I have picked up woodworking again, and have found that to be a very therapeutic and rewarding activity that I can step away from and rest if my symptoms start to flare up. Best of luck to anyone going through this Research what works for you and post to this forum--it helps us all. God bless.
nimrod4u is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote