View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

SEM,

You may need to create a distinction between your intellectual performance and your academic performance. Intellectual performance may have minor deficits while academic performance suffers greatly. You may have the same intellectual skills but need more time to use them. Academic performance is very comparative within a standard protocol of comparison, such as test taking and time to write a paper.

We often can not maintain the same performance time wise or in a large room with others taking a test and the ambient sounds and sights of such a room. We need the distraction free environment and maybe a bit more time. It does not mean our intellectual skills are less.

I am surprised that others in a special ed program are questioning your needs. They are studying to accommodate the needs of persons with special learning and testing needs. Are they just getting the additional degree to qualify for better pay or do they have a true desire to help those with special needs ?????

Your life experience will give you a very special insight into the needs of others.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 05-03-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon062314 (05-03-2014), Hockey (05-03-2014)