View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 09:02 PM
anon062314

anon062314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_Dazed View Post
Hi All,

Even though it's 18 months I feel emotionally that I'm still pretty new. Maybe it's because realizations keep happening for me. ? I'm not sure.

I still have denial, guarded closely to my heart that I share with my mind. I've been wanting someone to tell me it's not so bad.

My results were not what I was hoping for. The area in the brain controlling vision is very bad. She said I still have healing time but that it will not likely it will be enough to get my visual part up to where it's sufficient for driving or working. Same with my memory, processing.

I'm so flooded with information and emotions I can't remember it all.

She said I will not teach in a classroom again. Working a job with the variety of my issues won't happen. That I will need to get things together for SSD.

Possibly someday I could tutor at home one on one.

So many thoughts. I wanted to hear of a therapy or pill. I knew from the otologist (I have a brilliant doctor in Chicago) that this does not heal-the vision issues I have, but my brain may make work arounds. I did improve but plateaued 10 months ago. I'm so thankful I did improve because I could not hardly walk.

I'm done for tonight. Thank you for the support and friendship. All of you are a wonderful part of my new life.

Jace
for you Jace.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote