View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 09:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Thanks for your response Kitt. I just read the article you mentioned and it doesn't really sound like my symptoms, but well worth looking into.

I first noticed the numb foot about 30 years ago and it has since progressed to my other foot, up both legs and now a bit in my hands. I also have a permanent indwelling catheter because of nerve damage to my bladder causing retention and that started when I was 17yo (many years ago)! I am not aware of any family members with similar symptoms, however I do have a sister with rheumatroid arthritis which was severe.

I have been taking a very low dose (5mg) Crestor daily for a few months now with no apparent side effects. The doctor did put me on Lyrica for painful feet at night, but I had to discontinue after a month because of the foggy mind it gives you, which made my balance worse than it already was. Fear of falling is my main issue and it made me more unsteady than ever.

If anyone has any hints to manage balance issues, I would be happy to hear from them.

Many thanks, Pinksweetpea
Pinksweetpea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (05-04-2014)