View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 05:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default how long before Prednisone works

I was recently diagnosed with MG. My neuroligist started me on Pyridostigmine and started getting better the same day. I called my wife from work and I thought she was going to cry saying my voice was normal agian and didn't realize how much she missed it. Couple days later he started me on 10mg Prednisone. A few days after that started getting bad again, almost worse than before. I stopped the Prednisone on a Friday and had an appointment the following Monday which was this past Monday. Symptoms started going away again. I told him everything at my appointment and he put me on 5mg Prednisone. Symptoms are worsoning again. He is very good about returing my call when I leave a message for him at his office but I can't tell him what's going on until Monday. Actually he left me a voicemail Friday I didn't get until after hours so I would be returning his call.

Just wondering what some other experiences have been with Prednisone and should I just tough it out as it will eventually start helping.
perrym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote