View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Rosa,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. As Hockey said, peoples experiences are widely varied. Since you can work out for 1.5 hours multiple times per week, it sounds like you are doing well. A phased return to work sounds appropriate.

The vitamin regimen makes a big difference for some and only a small difference for others. It takes time to see a difference. It helps the brain tolerate stress.

Don't neglect your neck. You may have a subtle upper neck injury that gets inflamed. Icing and physical therapy can help.

You likely need to learn to recognize the subtle symptoms of over-doing it. Needing to reread a line of text or strain to focus your eyes or any such extra effort is a sign that your brain is becoming fatigued. Taking a short break will help. It may help to wear ear plugs to reduce background sounds while you work. If you can arrange to have a quiet break room available so you can take 10 minutes to rest your brain, it may be a big help.

The most important thing is to learn to listen to your own body/brain. Then you can moderate your activity level to avoid overload.

Recovery is not a single achievement. It is more of a work in progress where we have a moderated life to manage symptoms. Some have more residual symptoms that others. There are no ways to predict when and how symptoms will recover.

My best to you.

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for reaching out!

So thank you for your advice as they say nothing tried nothing gained. Still skeptical about returning to work with my current residual symptoms but I guess I should just listen to my body. I have said this time around I will be more mindful i.e. Not undertaking a large workload, not having lunch at my desk whilst surfing the net, taking REGULAR breaks, Finding a empty meeting room on my lunch break and chill and listen to some meditative music and will definitely be getting those earplugs to kill background noise.

I also want to undertake and start as soon as possible my vitamin regime. I have listed the below as vitamins to start with. Please can you confirm the suggested dosage required for each. I have read your post but it seems to have changed over the years and I was getting slightly confused after going through each. So wrote down what I understood what your daily recommendations were:

B12 (500 to 1000 mcgs)
B-100
GNC MEGA Women- 1 DAILY
VITAMIN C
VITAMIN E
VITAMIN D3 (1000 TO 5000 MGS)
OMEGA 3.6.9 FISH OIL
CALCIUM
MAGNESIUM 500MGS
CURCUMIN 950MGS

Regards,
Rosa