View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 01:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Continuing through pain

I have found if I continue and just tough it out, I am worse and will spend additional days recovering.

I have had this conversation with several people and have experimented myself.

The occupational therapist does not believe in pushing through. I spend a lot of time with him trying to pace myself. Hard to do for an A type.

My massage therapist believes in pushing on, it has been successful for him. He had injury at a young age.

It is really hard to do when you have responsibilities, at least with me if I push too hard I can go to bed for a couple of days. I don't have deadlines or responsibilities to meet.

My instinct is to tell you to STOP if you are in that much pain. You may not be ready to do this level of activity. The hardest thing to do is to respect the time it takes to heal. It is totally beyond all of our expectations and even harder for those who do not understand.

I will keep you in your prayers. My concussion doctor always tells me to listen to my body.
MVA March 2012 pcs, post traumatic vision syndrome, convergence insufficiencies, vision mid line shift syndrome, gaze stabilization and vision tracking. Fatigue, headaches and sore eyes are main issues.

Current activities: chiro, massage, prism glasses, vision therapy, yoga, meditation, aquafit classes and rest.....
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon062314 (05-04-2014)